Thursday, February 11, 2010

Englewood Beach


SEAHORSE
oil
8" x 6"
      Was on the way to Sarasota to the portrait studio at the Southern Atelier and had left in plenty of time, so I thought.  After many near accidents with tourists driving 35 in 45 mile zone and spending three light changes to get through intersections, I finally decided it was not my day to paint portraits, especially when I would have been at least a half hour late.  The final straw that made me turn around and head for home was when a man on a bicycle wobbled and fell right in front of me.  Luckily for both of us, there was no one in the next lane and I was able to swerve around him without squashing his head like a grape.  Back home, I went through some old snapshots I took last summer.  This mother and daughter happened to be in the background of a photo I took of my husband.  The shaky strokes are the results of my traffic nerves. 

No comments: