This was painted on top of an old painting I didn't like, some of the texture shows through, which worked well on the stucco wall area. But I attempted to paint it like a plein air, outside in the lani. Unfortunately, the subject was far to complicated to finish in a few hours. Had to finish it inside from a photo. I was ready to toss it (wait for it to dry and paint still another painting on top) when I decided to push the colors and change the background.
Made the background color on the left, lighter and cooler. Strengthened the patterns of the leaves and basket and pushed the flower color. It's a keeper for now... until I decide to paint another painting on top.