Sunday, January 27, 2013

Backyard Plein Air

Diane Mannion, 27 Backyard Plein Air, 8x10" o/c

Beautiful day here in SW Florida for January 27!  Was going to bring this pot of begonias inside the studio, but set up my plein air easel outside, instead.  Plein air paintings usually take me under three hours to paint, the studio still lives have been taking much longer.  So I pretended this was just another plein air landscape, squinted a lot and painted fast.  It's a love/hate relationship... I love this  from a distance, and hate it when my nose is near the paint.  It's all a life-long learning experience, so no painting time is ever wasted.  And this is number 27 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Love the feeling of light you have captured in this. The leaves do get that shine outside when the sky reflects down on them

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you, Julie. Light and color are completely different outside, and it all changes fast! Which causes me to paint faster... all good.