Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dave in the Gallery

Diane Mannion,  4 Dave in the Gallery, 8x10" oil on linen

      Dave posed for us this morning in the Punta Gorda Visual Arts Center, excellent model!  
This is the 4th painting in the 30/30 Challenge.  My theme is flowers, 8x10" horizontals, so how convenient to have Dave pose in a gallery filled with flower paintings! 
      I'm really enjoying the camaraderie of the other artists painting in this challenge.  So nice to know I'm not the only one pushing a brush, and also, I admit... feeling a bit of pressure to produce.  It's good for us!  

4 comments:

Lou Belcher said...

Beautiful portrait.

Roger Brown Art said...

Great painting,I love the texture.

Fay Terry said...

This is a wonderful painting, Diane. I have admired your work for quite a while-nice to be in the challenge with you.

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you Roger, Lou, and Terry. Will visit your blogs to say hello and cheer you on later. Right now, have been too busy pushing the brush. This is fun, but not easy... Nice to know you guys are out there!