Thursday, September 19, 2013

Morning View

Diane Mannion, Morning View, 8x10" oil on linen
(Pre-tweeked version)

Light Chasers Plein Air!

Painted with the Light Chasers at Caspersen Beach in Venice today.  Great catching up with painting buddies, fresh start for a new season. Think there were about ten of us scattered around the area.
Painted on my own private deck from 8:30am to 2:00 without a break.  (Some tourists stopped by and I told them Venice built the deck especially for me).
And here's a photo snapped by Mark from Sandtastic (a new Light Chaser!)... check out his site.

Waved to a few painters in the distance and several stopped by to visit, but I was glued to the spot and could not would not leave to go visit anyone.  Lulled by the sound of waves gently splashing under my feet and the incredible views... painted three!  Will post the other two later.

Just want to mention Light Chaser, Cory Wright who did an outstanding painting today!
 And there were a lot more masterpieces by other artists created this morning!
What a group!


4 comments:

Kathleen Eve Kelly said...

Diane, I think they did build it for you! Cory Wright did a fabulous job too!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This has such a wonderful feeling of sun and shadows. I am quite envious of your amazing surroundings Diane.

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you, Kathleen! Light Chasers Plein Air are an amazing group. We all learn from each other.

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you, Julie! I live in paradise and feel a joyful obligation to record it. And a compliment from you means a lot to me.