Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pansy Pandemonium

Diane Mannion, Pansy Pandemonium, 18x24" oil on linen.
SOLD
Hullabaloo!

Pansy Pandemonium, the title slipped into my mind while going through an internet nightmare today.  Heck of a hullabaloo!  Chinese company has been copying my work in oils on canvas and selling them.  Sickening.   I've notified sites and have asked for advice about this problem.  If anyone out there knows what to do please let me know!

Here are the progression photos of this painting:



And finished painting again.

5 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

Diane these pansies are simply gorgeous! Is there nothing you cannot paint to perfection?!
I was sorry to hear about your paintings being copied - how awful! It's amazing that you stumbled upon it!

Johnna Schelling said...

That's terrible! Wish I could help, but have no idea. Curious how you even found out. Best of luck getting it resolved.

Diane Mannion said...

Hi Wendy and Johnna, An alert client sent an email through my website warning me about my stolen painting images on this horrid Chinese site. China does not share our copyright laws!!! I will keep everyone updated here on what I find out to do about it. Probably nothing, but will now only post small images on my website. I only use small 2 inch jpgs here and on FB, etc. The large size images on my website were where they had been pilfered, I think. Sickening.

Marcela Strasdas said...

Hi Diane! I am sorry about your current internet woes! There is a Canadian Artist called Robert Genn who writes about all sorts of art topics. A few years ago he wrote about this happening to him. His site is called "The Painters Keys" and here is the link to the click back I am talking about: http://www.painterskeys.com/clickbacks/arch-world.asp
Maybe this can lead you to something?
I like your pansies by the way!

Diane Mannion said...

Marcela! Thank you so much! I love Robert Genn and will look up his advice.