Monday, October 20, 2014

Hermitage, October

Hermitage, October, watercolor, 6x8" plein air sketch, ©Diane Mannion

Watercolor Obsession Continues!

Still trying to rest my injured eye... but can't stand not painting any longer!  Decided to allow  myself one quick sketch.  So packed my watercolors and joined the Punta Gorda VAC plein air artists at Blind Pass Beach, Manasota Key.   Fabulous morning!
 Me, happy as a clam!  Thanks for photo, Sharon!
 
 Tory and Andrea taking a break.
My lightweight watercolor equipment.  Sketchbook, camp stool, paintbox and brushes.
35+ year old Winsor and Newton paintbox!  W&N Series 7, #4 brush for details,  but almost everything painted with #10 Escoda Ultimo (a favorite brush!).  Stillman & Birn Sketchbook, 6x8," 180 lb smooth.
Hermitage Artist's Retreat which faces the Gulf.
Friendly Great Blue Heron

While waiting for my eye to heal, I've been watching videos online.  
Found these two by James Gurney last night... WONDERFUL!  Click to link.

No comments: