Thursday, November 20, 2014

Seminole Trader

Seminole Trader, 8x10" oil, plein air, ©Diane Mannion
Seminole Trader, 8x10" oil, plein air, ©Diane Mannion
Old Shrimper

No need to worry about this boat leaving while I painted!  Every year more rusty chunks drop off and larger holes are forming in the sides.  Must have seen many stormy seas, but now retired and sinking into the sand below.  Sad sight seeing a genuine part of old Florida disappearing.  

This is the Placida Fishery area, not far from where I live.  Have painted this boat many times and will paint it again before the area gets taken over by condo developments.

Pleased with this one, painted quickly on a chilly morning.  The light on the bow caught my attention, became my focus... let everything else happen around it.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm just learning how to paint.

No comments: