Thursday, May 28, 2015

Boca Wall Cherubs

Boca Wall Cherubs, 8x10" oil, ©Diane Mannion

Boca Grande Wall Ornaments


Started on location Memorial Day weekend.  Painted from the back of my car under the shade of the hatchback and everything was honky-dory until a huge, shiny SUV parked right in front of me.  Didn't block my view but the glare from it's back window shot sun darts into my eyes every time I looked up.  Had my sunhat pulled down over my nose.  

Cut the session short and was ready to wipe it out when I got back home.  My husband liked something about it, so I finished in the studio.  Glad I did.

Disappearing time, so many of these old places are bull-dozed for new mega mansions.  At one time these cherubs must have been the height of fashion and good taste.  I like how the dying leaf says it all.

No comments: