Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Critter Cottage

Critter Cottage, 9x12" oil, plein air, Diane Mannion

Critter Cottage Creatures

Historic day!  After nine years of grooming my standard poodle, I decided to have her professionally groomed.  And while that was taking place, I was able to paint on the gorgeous grounds of the Critter Cottage.  Oh joy!  I'm much happier painting than grooming.

The grounds were filled with chickens, horses, a dozen pregnant sheep!!!, even an iguana (nasty, invasive creatures), an emu (large, flightless bird from Australia that resembles an ostrich), and peacocks that strutted their stuff. 
 Shadow, before
Shadow, after
 Peacock!!!
Sheepish Grin
Pregnant sheep
 Bossy rooster
 chickens watching me paint by my car

 Emu
 one of many horses and stalls
 Ugly iguana
Peacock roosting next to me while I painted.
Link here to the Critter Cottage

No comments: