Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Canopy Chair

Water's Edge
5.5" x 8.5"
pastel
First sketch at water's edge in new canopy chair.   Just pop that baby up and it's an instant tent with shade and privacy.  Now I don't have to search for shady spots.   Nupastels, Canson pastel paper taped to foam core board, suntan lotion, bathing suit for taking dips during breaks.  Fabulous!  This was the day I watched a manatee swim up to an artist friend.  I managed to jump up and capture great shots with my zoom digital camera.  Did a drawing from the reference which I'll post later.  With the drawing above, there was a wild, watercolor toned paper for underpainting.  Some blue and rose color shows along the bottom, yellow under the sky.  It's fun to start with an underpainting that has nothing to do with the scene, had painted it weeks before.  Just let accidents happen and hope for the best.

No comments: