Saturday, March 31, 2012

Julie's Orchid 2012

Diane Mannion,  JULIE'S ORCHID, 6x8" oil
Sometimes, when a new technique is learned, another inspiring art book is read, another artist I admire... well, all these things influence the way I paint until I assimilate them into my own way of painting.  Going through another transition stage with my work and have to allow for the change in style.  My brain understands what I want to achieve and also my mind's eye... but it may take awhile for the paint and brushes to catch up.   But...  happy pushing the limits of what I can do now.
This orange orchid was pinched from a friend's plant growing outside her door.  Each year this plant has more and more blossoms and I don't think she noticed I took one little branch.  If she reads this blog, I'm in trouble.  Didn't have much time to paint today with all the Saturday chores, but pleased with this fast sketch.Buy.

No comments: