Thursday, January 2, 2014

LAST ONE!

Diane Mannion, LAST ONE! 3.5x2.5" oil on linen/mounted, 2014 Snippet #3


THREE

My first three posts for Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge work nicely together as a group.  Glad my chocolate painting (and eating) frenzy's over!  Next group will be three views of an empty maple syrup jar... so there won't be any snacking temptation.  Wonder if I can hold the brush steady enough to paint while on the treadmill.

The 30/30 Challenge has been like a party online with lots of artists contacting each other, both newbies and oldies.  Happy 30/30 Everyone!  And thanks to Leslie for causing this artistic event to happen again.

I'm painting smaller here because I have some other self-imposed deadlines to create larger works.  Hopefully, these little guys won't take longer than a few hours (yes, I paint slowly) so I'll have the rest of the day to play with enormous brushes and push around great piles of paint.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! That you can resist the temptation is a marvel to me. I could not. I agree, Leslie does a great thing by hosting this challenge.

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you, Jim! Couldn't let it go to waste, will now end up on MY waste... but at least it's the last one. Happy 30/27!

Unknown said...

This looks great- I agree with Jim- I would start the painting, eat the candy and have to finish from memory!

Diane Mannion said...

Still lifes can be caloric quicksand. So many hours staring at the goodies. Thanks, Sandra!