Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Flowers on Vintage Tablecloth

Flowers on Vintage Tablecloth, 6x6" oil, ©Diane Mannion
#20 of 30/30
Playing with Light and Patterns

This is #20 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!  Made it this far, the rest should be easy.  I always say "Never again!" but always gain a lot from these experiences.  This is my fifth time!

Have focused on figurative paintings for this challenge and working from old photos with the goal of working up enough small studies for larger works.  Gave myself a break today and painted a small still life... also from photo reference painted from my iPad.  Really pleased with this one... would love to see it 6'x6' instead.

Again... my good camera died, so this is an iPhone shot.  Will replace image later with better technology.

5 comments:

Ruth Daily Painting said...

Simply gorgeous in every way!

martine paquet said...

Diane, great angle. Incredible light and shadow !

Diane Mannion said...

Thanks so much, Ruth!

Diane Mannion said...

Martine, thank you! Hope to paint more like this... a bit of a break-through for me. Painting's a life-long learning process, which makes it addictive.

Pattie Wall said...

The colors just sing in this painting, I love the dark purple theme throughout. I also am starting to say, "never again" - but by this time next year, it will be calling to me, I know.