Monday, January 19, 2015

Summer Visit

Summer Visit, 6x6" oil, @Diane Mannion
#19 of 30/30
Revisited

My good camera stopped working today, hopefully it's just the battery... sigh.  This is an iPhone shot, just doesn't capture the details.   

Revisiting old snapshots and doing quick studies to see if there's anything I want to work up later.  Figurative studies have become the theme of my Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  There's a wealth of old family visit photos I've always wanted to do something with.  This one is Rachael when she was about five... about five years ago.  Now I wish I'd taken a lot more photos!

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A REAL Beauty!

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you, Sue Marrazzo! She still is even with braces.

martine paquet said...

Great and luminous skin tone and wonderful eyes!
Beautiful portrait

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you so much, Martine!

Marcela Strasdas said...

I am really enjoying your figures this challenge!