Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Forbidden Stranger

Diane Mannion, Mr Green, Snippet #16, 3.5" x2.5" oil on linen/mounted

Forbidden Stranger

Mr Green's a mysterious stranger that crashed Mrs Butterworth's party.  No one knows where he came from or what he was.  Discovered on a remote, dusty shelf in an antique shop in Arcadia, he insisted on going home with me.
Printed on his back are these words:  
FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR RE-USE OF THIS BOTTLE
Will the antique dealer be in hot water for selling him to me?  Will I end up in the slammer for using him as a model?
At first, I thought he was a samurai figure but John thinks he resembles Confucious.  Perhaps he held sake or some other sort of spirits.  An eBay search found another like him... but that dealer had no clue of his identity.  So if anyone out there has information... please let me know.
Mrs Butterworth finds him quite charming, by the way!