Thursday, March 25, 2010

Venice Airport


VENICE AIRPORT
oil
8" x 10"

      Plein air painted during Venice Invitational a few weeks ago.  It was a dark and stormy day, showers on and off, windy and unusually cold for Florida!  Had my paintbox set up next to  my van in a parking lot next to the runway.  This plane, was parked behind a fence which I left out.  There was a friendly neighborhood bar on the other side of the parking lot.  At 2:30 when I started this, a worker came over and asked me to bring the finished painting in to show to the owner.  I said, "sure."  By the time I finished at 4:30, I had watched many men walk into the bar and decided I wasn't going to walk in by myself with a wet oil painting to find the owner, chicken that I am!  But if my friend, E had been with me... I'm sure we would have gotten free drinks and airplane rides!  Oh well, maybe next year. 

No comments: