Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekly Challenge

Garlic on Spoon Dish, 6x8" oil

Another painting for the Weekly Challenge: http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Challenges .  This one took a lot longer than the usual two to three hours for these small paintings because of all the details in the spoon dish.  The more I looked,  the more I saw...  could have gone on even longer.  Have to decide when it's enough and works as it is, difficult to know when to stop.  There's that old saying, it takes two to paint, one to push the brush and another to yank the brush away.  Good thing John needed the garlic for the pasta sauce or I'd still be working on it.

1 comment:

Marilyn R Miller said...

Thank you for leaving a comment about my "Lunch" painting(Veggie Challenge)! It was especially gratifying because I have felt such discouragement lately. Kindness such as yours is always such a great tool in building! Thank you!

I love your red pepper and the garlic in the fancy dish!

I also love the idea of John making pasta sauce! Thank you too, Jophn!