Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekly Challenge

DMannion, Blue Moon, 6x6" oil
      Another entry for the Daily Paintworks Weekly Challenge.  http://www.dailypaintworks.com/ .  Although I don't like working from other people's photos, I changed this around enough to make it feel like my own work.   Belinda Del Pesco's challenge painting is gorgeous and I love her title, "He Hung the Moon for Me."  Her black and white reference photo that was part of the challenge, a value study.  Judging values from the photo and inventing the color from imagination.  The photo had a dreamy, romantic quality and I kept thinking of the song, Blue Moon... thus my title.  I'm caught up with all the Challenges, that is until next Saturday when the next Daily Paintworks University homework is assigned. 

No comments: