Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Frangipani

Diane Mannion, FRANGIPANI, 8x10" oil
      This frangipani was growing on the lower branch of a huge tree in Boca Grande.   I've seen Farmers market venders sell cuttings in short sticks which can be planted simply by poking them into sandy soil here in Florida.  Frangipani has white or pink flowers that that have a strong, sweet aroma and have been used in perfume production.  
      Used my handy-dandy meat skewer stick to scratch the lines on the leaves.  Actually, this technique is called "sgraffito," an ancient method used by artisans, common in Italy, to decorate frescoes on plaster walls. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. I admire the valuable advice you make available in your expertly written content. I want to thank you for this informative read; I really appreciate sharing this great.frangipani cuttings