Friday, November 2, 2012

Lemon and Lime

Diane Mannion, Lemon and Lime, 6x6" oil on linen


      Started this as a demo during a class I was teaching.  It's not easy talking and painting and helping other artists at the same time.  My demo paintings are usually not my best productions during class hours, so I've given myself the challenge of rescuing these dogs later in the studio.  I added more items, took out the shell, and attempted to make the space and lighting believable even though it was never set up like this.
Below is the "dog" stage of this one.  I'm much happier with the new, improved version!
Diane Mannion, Lemon and Lime Demo Stage, 6x8"
Diane Mannion, On A Clear Day She Can See Forever, 16x20" oil on linen
***Horn Tooting moment!!!  This painting won second place in the Punta Gorda Harvest of Art Show last night at the fabulous, Visual Arts Center!

Also.... please visit my FREE Art Tutorial at Daily Painters and leave a comment there.  It would help increase my fame quota and raise my stats!  Thanks!

No comments: