Monday, October 28, 2013

Tickled Pink

Diane Mannion, Tickled Pink, 6x8" oil on linen, plein air.

In the Pink

"I believe in pink!" - Audrey Hepburn

Pink Pain might be a better title, painting muhly grass was an excruciating challenge!  It's only in bloom this time of the year.   So when invited to capture this pink splendor in a field, I jumped into the knee-high thick of it.  Sneakers and ankles bug-spray-zapped, I stoically stood in the mist of stinging red fire ants.  Ahh, the joy of plein air painting!

Muhly grass is a difficult subject, so many layers, so much pink!  So many wonderful shapes and colors and textures!  Had to work fast with the late afternoon sun sinking and shadows growing.  
Pink Fields Forever
I love my friend's muhly grass interpretation.  
Perfect!

 
Eileen Wright, 8x6" oil on linen, plein air.


2 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

Diane, you did a wonderful job with what looks like a very difficult subject! I love the colours and the light. You have such a beautiful distinctive style. Love the title too!

Diane Mannion said...

Wendy! Thank you for your glowing compliment! Often wonder if I have a style... Every painting's like starting over.