Monday, January 27, 2014

TINY PITCHER

Diane Mannion, Tiny Pitcher, #28 Snippet, 3.5x2.5"oil on linen/mounted

Roaming around a restaurant supply store with my chef husband's always a visual feast.  Shiny things!  Interesting shapes!  I'm like a kid in a candy store.  Picked this little pitcher out... perfect for my tiny snippet series!

Almost finished with the Leslie Saeta 30 Paintings in 30 Days, but will do a few more to have enough for my Blurb book project.  Still life painting tips coming soon.

Folks are buying several of these miniature paintings, mounting and framing as a group.  2013 Snippet Series sold out.  There will be no more than 40 in the 2014 Snippet Series.  They will also be used as illustrations in my still life painting book.



4 comments:

Kellie Chasse said...

Wow Diane, I feel like I can polish that silver vase!

Diane Mannion said...

Thanks, Kellie!

Johnna Schelling said...

Oh My Gosh - this is so amazing on so many levels. Your painting and guidance on how to do it is going into my logbook.

I love how vibrant the reflections are and your comments about how to "distort" them. I feel like I've been through a $500 workshop. Thanks so much!

Diane Mannion said...

Johnna! Thank you! Glad you found my writing useful and happy you like my work.