Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Model A 1930

Model A 1930, 8x10" oil plein air, ©Diane Mannion
SOLD
A Winner!

I already posted this old car and did lots of horn tooting about how it won first and sold at the Arcadia Paintout last weekend, but because it wasn't the lead photo on my post... it didn't reach a few online galleries I'm involved with.   And a FB friend informed me the car was a Model A, not T, 1930, thus the title change.

I'm also posting this again because the stats were off the charts, higher than any other painting I've ever posted.  Is it my painting or the old car that folks liked?   A humbling thought...

Model A was the second oil painting of the day.  Afterwards, I had hours to wait until the reception.  Too far to drive home, and too exhausted to explore the antique shops again, (have already explored every wonderful nook and cranny), I found a quiet place to park. 

Rather than being bored by doing nothing, I painted two small watercolors while resting in the car... auto-paintings.  So tired and bleary-eyed, I painted on auto-pilot!
City Hall Arcadia, 5x5" watercolor sketch, ©Diane Mannion
Across Oak Street, 5x5" watercolor sketch, ©Diane Mannion

I'm writing an article about using different mediums, switching between oils, pastels, watercolor, acrylic and so on, and how this is helpful for artists.   My article will list the benefits gained by working this way.  

Please let me know if you have had any experiences while switching mediums and I will include them in my writing.  Will give you credit, of course, and post the article here on my blog. 
Email or reply to this post... Thanks!

No comments: