Monday, January 12, 2015

Spinning

Spinning, 6x6" oil, ©Diane Mannion

Pushing Technique

 Number 12 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge... my theme, experimenting with techniques.  Have gone through old reference photos taken years ago when my painting style was much tighter, so I had no idea how to approach these subjects.  

Now that I am allowing myself to paint faster and looser... a whole new style is evolving.  This would not have happened if I wasn't pushing myself to paint and explore each day of this challenge.  So bravo... THANKS, Leslie!  Although stressful, 30/30 is a valuable experience.  

1. Underpainting with red iron oxide.
2. Background brushed in.
3.  Characters defined.
4.  Finishing touches.  Stopped before overworking.

Contact VAC Punta Gorda and Ringling Englewood for my teaching schedule. Classes start this week.

2 comments:

martine paquet said...

I do love this one so much!
The sense of movement is incredible!

Diane Mannion said...

Thanks, Martine! I'm thrilled with it! Some simply turn out better than others.