Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Garden Horse

Garden Horse, 18x24" oil, Diane Mannion

Last Painting of 2015!

Garden Horse is last of 132 paintings for the year.  Every time I finish one I post on this blog... it's a tradition that holds it all together for me.  An archive of my work, some teaching and technical information, or simply art news of the day since 2008!  

This painting went through many more stages than the two progress photos here.  I like working on a series and this one relates to Vintage Copper, same size and still life.  Will explore painting still lifes outside for the rest of this series.  Garden Horse was a bit of both.  Set it up outside then brought plants inside later to finish.  

Two stages of underpainting.  Signed the first stage because I knew I'd finish it and it's easier scratching name in wet paint but repainted over later to bring flower pot along with rest of painting.

Have a happy, healthy, and creative New Year, Everyone!

2 comments:

Johnna Schelling said...

fantastic painting - the light and colors are stunning!

Diane Mannion said...

Thank you, Johnna Schelling! Your compliment means a lot to me!