Saturday, January 14, 2017

Running Boy

Running Boy, 6x6" oil, ©Diane Mannion

1/14/2017

#14 of 30/30.  Painted this little guy many times from a snapshot.  Classic running pose!  

While I was taking photos of a Great Blue Heron standing on the beach, this boy and his accomplice rushed over and threw a handful of pebbles and shells at the bird.  HEY! I yelled and off they ran while I captured their escape with my camera.  Painting should be titled, Bad Boy!

Experimented again with minimal values and brush stokes and have learned a lot!  Most difficult was stopping... letting it be "unfinished... or unpolished."  I tend to render the heck out of things, past years as an illustrator coming through.

Underpainting.  Loved the ear color and the shorts which are the only things I left alone.  Thought back leg was too long here, so shortened it.



1 comment:

Sheila said...

LOL. Love seeing the before. Beautiful work :)