Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Boca Pass

Boca Pass, 4x8" oil, ©Diane Mannion

Yesterday

Quick sketch at Boca Grande Pass yesterday near the Light House.  Have a few small linen panels I want to use up, much happier with larger sizes.  Picked a bad spot in the sun and didn't bring an umbrella.  Note to self… get out earlier!

Used an old, favorite paintbox box, 6x8" Alla Prima Pochade… a work of art!  Holds paints, short brushes, medium, and panels in one tidy space.  Love to pop it in a bag and go paint. 

And as long as I'm writing about art supplies, another favorite, my new watercolor box! 
Pocket Palette by Art-Toolkit.com, is about the size of a business card!  It has empty pans (held in with magnets) which I fill with tube watercolors of my choice.  I use a Pentel water brush (water is in the handle) and a small Moleskine sketchbook.  Small enough to carry with me always.  Perfect for stealth painting!!!
Paintbox ready to go with thumbnail sketch created with Pocket Palette and Pentel water brush.

Thumbnail sketch,  on hot press paper Moleskine

Finished sketch still on paintbox

Links to a few of my favorite things!




No comments: