Saturday, September 17, 2011

Woman With Colors 2

Diane Mannion, WOMAN WITH COLORS 2, 12x9" pastel
SOLD
      It's been awhile since I worked in pastels.  This is the same model that posed last week for the Venice Art Center portrait studio.  The first, posted a few days ago, was in oil.  Getting ready for a pastel portrait show in October... this is the last in a group of seven I'll be exhibiting with two other artists.  More about the show later.
      My oil portrait, FLORIDA COWBOY, 24x18" oil, won a ribbon in the Englewood Art Center show this afternoon!  I'll be teaching a portrait workshop there next month, which I'll announce later, also (so many details, so little time). 

2 comments:

Sonya Johnson said...

Diane - these are both wonderful! I absolutely love the pastel; the light and shadows are just superb and the model has such a great presence. I can imagine she was a delight to paint. This makes me want to give portraits a try.

Florida Cowboy is...dare I say it: so CUTE! You just can't help but to smile when you look at it. Congratulations on a well-deserved ribbon!

Carver Shivers said...

Diane, your work is so wonderful. i love how you did "Woman with colors". Your command of interpretation is beautiful!!