Thursday, May 4, 2017

Looking Out

Looking Out, 6x8" oil, plein air, Diane Mannion

While I Was Painting

While I was painting at Manasota Key Beach this morning, a man walked into my view and was a perfect model.  He helped pull the whole composition together!  I quickly sketched him in while he stood there.

Later, he and his wife, visitors from Canada, sat at a picnic table behind me… perfect cheerleaders, freely dispensing compliments and encouragement.  They also cheered on the other artists, an Englewood group scattered around the area.  

Seagrape leaves glowed orange on the ground.  The scene was a bit complicated so I left things out, especially the fence.  Beautiful breezy morning!  Happy with how my new Canadian friend made my painting work.
 Thumbnail sketch in my Moleskine… before nice man showed up.
Manasota Key Beach this morning!  Gorgeous!

No comments: